We are a department of Mountain Projects, Inc. Community Action Agency. We provide prevention services throughout the seven far
Western North Carolina counties.
WHAT WE DO
The Mountain Strong team provides substance misuse prevention services designed to help reduce the impact associated with alcohol, tobacco, and other drug misuse and promote safer, low-risk choices for a healthier community. Our team provides technical assistance and support to local community groups by promoting techniques and strategies that are proven effective. We build local capacity for prevention, as we believe local solutions improve local conditions.
HOW WE DO IT
- Provide information—Health Fairs, Billboards, Newspaper Articles, Informational Brochures, Group Presentations, etc.
- Enhance skills—Courses, curricula, workshops, strategic planning, technical assistance to local coalitions
- Provide support—Promote communities in providing substance-free activities for youth and families. Encourage communities to advocate for recovery and become recovery allies.
- Enhance access/reduce barriers—Promote outreach to establish beneficial connections between people and organizations.
- Change consequences—Promote interventions for high-risk choices. Example: 12 hour Prime for Life classes (fee-based)
- Change design—Physical change or clean up of targeted areas
- Modify/change policies—Work to change local practices and policies
HOW WE ARE FUNDED
HOW CAN YOU HELP?